People loving cooking different recipes but they waste time in making easy dishes. This will slow their cooking and make them unable to prepare the meals on time. There are people who try fast cooking method to cook instant foods but the foods may contain high fat and sodium. This will result in weight gain and serious health conditions. Individuals who always rush for their work can try easy healthy recipes. Fruit salad is one such healthy recipe that makes their appetite full and provides essential nutrients. This will be a simple breakfast that can be easily made. It contains more protein and this can help them to build their muscles healthier and stronger. Proteins are body building factors because they can improve the mass of lean muscles in the body. If you are a body builder or gym goer, you can include this recipe in your diet.
Fruit salad ingredients
- 16 ounces of cottage cheese
- 9 ounces of cool whip
- 15 ounces of fruit cocktail
- 15 ounces of chunk pineapple
- 15 ounces of sliced peaches
- 15 ounces of mandarin oranges
- 2 sliced bananas
- 6 ounces of orange jello crystals
Procedure to make fruit salad
- Take a large bowl and place all the above mentioned ingredients of the same quantity in the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together and serve them in dessert cups.
This is a simple and easy recipe to be prepared at morning. This can make your tummy full and make you stay healthy as well. There are certain things to be considered while choosing the fruits. When it comes to fruit buying choose darker oranges. There are chances that more nutrients are present in deep colored fruits. Colorful fruits and vegetables like sweet potato, carrots and oranges contain more vitamins. This is the reason why carrots are good for eyes. The choice of fruits to make salad is up to you. You can add your favorite fruits in the salad.
Ingredients for making glazed carrots
- A cup of water
- One pound of sliced carrots
- Lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of dried basil
- Black pepper
Procedure to make glazed carrots
Glazed carrots recipe is a healthy recipe that contains low calories. It is rich in vitamins C and A. This recipe can meet the daily requirements of vitamins.
- Half fill a pan with water and bring it to a boil. In the meanwhile boil a cup of lime juice in another pan until it thickens.
- Add the sliced carrots of above mentioned quantity into the boiling water and cook it for about 7 to 8 minutes until the carrots become a little crunchy.
- Drain the carrot slices and rinse them under cold water.
- Place the carrots in a bowl and add salt, dried basil, pinch of pepper and lime sauce into it. Toss the carrots until they are coated with these ingredients.
Taste the glazed carrots and add seasonings if required.